SK1550 Compact Tool CarrierThe most powerful mini skid steer in our lineup, the Ditch Witch SK1550 delivers more muscle to a wide range of jobs like tree handling and sod transfer. The construction-grade SK1550 does what other machines can’t, quickly and effectively. Powered by a 44-hp Tier 4, Yanmar® engine with an incredible 1,558-lb operating capacity, this machine brings the brawn and productivity to every jobsite. The SK1550 is an all-around powerhouse, minimizing your downtime and increasing your ROI, making it the ultimate member of any crew.
- Powered by a 44-hp Tier 4 Yanmar® turbo-charged diesel engine, the machine is equipped to handle tasks typically suited for traditional skid-steer loaders.
- Directs 34.5 hp to the attachment for efficient and productive use of high-capacity attachments.
- Auxiliary flow control with low, medium and high flow settings allows operators to make adjustments to attachment flow and run attachments at their most efficient rate.
- Best-in-class 1,558-lb rated operating capacity for lifting heavier loads.
- Exceptional 9-inch ground clearance for improved productivity on challenging terrain.
- More than 50 percent higher capacity than all other mini skid steers in its size class.
- The SK1550 is equipped with a 94-inch hinge-pin height which provides flexible loading and unloading for a wide range of dump sites.
- The machine is capable of 4.7-mph ground drive speed both forward and in reverse, improving jobsite cycle times.
- Durable build and innovative design provides the industry’s smoothest ride, plus unrivaled maneuverability and stability when carrying heavy loads.
- With 3,700 psi and maximum 16 gpm, the SK1550 directs substantial pressure to the attachment, increasing machine versatility.
- Dual auxiliary connections allow operators the ability to utilize advanced attachments for enhanced productivity when handling heavier loads, including logs, trees and sod.
- Includes front and back LED lights for increased safety during nighttime and low-light jobs.
- High-capacity attachments designed specifically for the SK1550, including a new trencher and vibratory plow, leverage high flow capabilities to improve jobsite versatility and productivity.
- Auto-throttle matches engine speed to load demand providing greater fuel efficiency.
- No daily maintenance or daily grease zerks for reduced cost of ownership and easy upkeep.
- The construction-grade, durable design is made for heavy-duty jobs, leading to extended machine life and increasing overall ROI.
- Unique open track design gives the SK1550 fewer obstructions allowing debris to escape track system.
- Designed specifically for landscape, irrigation and tree-handling jobs, the SK1550 is equipped with a best-in-class, 74-in2 operator platform for improved comfort and stability during long hours on the job.
- LCD display screen provides direct visibility and real-time intel into all engine diagnostics.
Operating height, max, 60-in bucket
Overall height of machine
Overall length of machine, std. bucket
Overall length of loader, no attachment
Overall weight (no attachment, fluids full)
Hinge pin height, max
Max, with 9-in tracks
Max, with 7-in tracks
Ground clearance, min
Rated operating capacity
35% of tipping capacity
Angle of departure
Number of cylinders
Manufacturer's gross power rating
Rated engine speed
EPA Tier 4 Final
|Power – TIER 4|
|Power – TIER 4i|
Ground drive speed
Ground pressure* (ISO/CD 16754)
double gear pump
Flow Rate (pump #1)
Flow Rate (pump #2)
dual hydrostatic pumps
Hydraulic reservoir capacity
Engine oil, with filter
Fuel tank capacity
SAE reserve capacity rating
SAE cold crank rating @ 0° F
Additional Compact Tool Carriers