FX20 Vacuum ExcavatorThe FX20 vacuum excavator is ideal for a wide range of relatively small projects and multiple short runs per day, including municipal tasks such as valve box cleanout, storm drain cleanout, commercial and residential debris cleanup and landscaping, underground utility location, posthole digging, and construction site storm water control. Offering a choice of options, the 27-hp FX20 vacuum excavator has the suction power of the larger FX30, yet it can be easily transported with a flatbed or pickup truck.
- The skid-mounted FX20 vacuum excavator can fit in the back of a pickup truck, on a flatbed trailer or a specially designed Ditch Witch trailer; in many cases no CDL is required.
- Outstanding suction power of 540 cfm in a compact, extremely durable package.
- 150-gallon spoils tank is mounted permanently at a 45° angle, making the dumping cycle quick and easy.
- Belt-driven blower avoids the alignment issues associated with a direct-coupled blower, making the FX20 vacuum excavator more reliable and easier to maintain.
- The FX20’s exclusive non-contact water shutoff valve protects the water pump and eliminates the potential leaks of a float switch, which requires holes to be drilled in the side of the tank.
- Triple filtration system with a cyclone separator cleans the air before it ever reaches the filter, minimizing maintenance.
- Curbside operator’s console is designed to make controls easily accessible; for custom applications, the console can be positioned on the left side of the unit.
- The FX20 vacuum excavator is equipped with a Kohler gas engine that is renowned for its reliability and ease of maintenance.
|Dimensions - Trailer Package|
Axle rating, each
|Dimensions - Skid Package|
Number of cylinders
Manufacturer's Gross Power Rating (SAE J1940)
Fuel tank capacity
Two-lobe blower, calculated
540 ft³ min
Hose size, standard
Vacuum tank capacity
Full opening rear door diameter
Outlet valve size
Tank inlet valve size
Tank dump angle, fixed
Primary shutoff, ball type
Cyclonic filter trap capacity
74 sq. ft
Suction hose, 3
|Power – TIER 4|
|Power – TIER 4i|
Water tank capacity
Water pump flow
Water pump pressure, max.
Electric with auto declutch and low water shutdown feature
|Hydraulic System - TIER 4|
|Hydraulic System - TIER 4i|
SAE reserve capacity rating
SAE cold crank rating @ 0⁰ F (-18⁰ C)
Sound pressure at operator ear 10' behind vacuum tank
Specifications are general and subject to change without notice. If exact measurements are required, equipment should be weighed and measured. *Per SAE J1940
Additional Vacuum Excavators