FXT50 Truck Vacuum ExcavatorThe Ditch Witch FXT50 truck vacuum excavator has the power and functionality to do it all—everything from potholing to cleanup of all types of spills, HDD fluids and jobsite debris—and do it all more quietly than any other vac system in its horsepower class. And we built the FXT50 to be as robust as it is versatile, engineering it to flex independently of the truck to produce maximum structural integrity. Add it all up and you’ve got a long-term solution to all of your cleanup and soft excavation needs.
- Designed specifically for mounting on truck frame rails, allowing system components to flex independently of truck, for maximum structural integrity.
- Easily accessible controls and service points; curbside controls can be configured for left- or right-hand traffic, for greater safety and convenience.
- Mounts to single-axle truck of your choice, new or used, so you can control the level of initial investment and customize with toolboxes and support equipment; complies with all truck manufacturers’ requirements.
- Designed for minimal overall package height, resulting in a lower center of gravity and better handling during transport.
- Saddle-style tanks provide optimal weight distribution to keep payload over rear axle.
- Equipped with a 49-hp Deutz® diesel engine, the FXT50 has an extremely efficient 1020-cfm blower and a powerful water system with a water pressure capacity of 3,000 psi and 5-gpm flow.
- Remote-fill water tank allows for easy filling and prevents siphoning back into the water supply.
- Integrated tool rack on door and underbody hose storage help simplify operation.
- Easy access to power pack for convenient servicing.
- Ladders provide easy access to truck bed, and can be stowed when not in use.
- Optional hydraulic boom extends to 14 ft; saves labor, time and reduces operator fatigue.
- Optional heater keeps water system from freezing in inclement weather and increases production in tight soils.
- Choice of 500-gallon spoils tank with 200-gallon water tank or 800-gallon spoils tank with 400-gallon water tank to meet the requirements of virtually any size cleanup job.
- At 82 dBA, the FXT50 is the quietest in its horsepower class; fully enclosed, insulated and lockable power pack protects major components from weather and vandalism while leading the industry in noise reduction.
- Reusable, 3-micron vacuum filter and a blower relief valve air filter provide the industry’s best filtration; optional cyclonic filter cleans the air before it reaches the filter, minimizing maintenance.
- Optional reverse-flow feature enables quick and easy offloading of spoils.
- Standard hydraulic door opens fully horizontal to maximize the efficiency of spoils removal; door also features hydraulic locks.
- Autoclutching feature disengages the water pump when water is not in use, allowing full system power for suction.
|Dimensions - Trailer Package|
|Dimensions - Skid Package|
Truck GVWR, min
Number of Cylinders
Manufacturer's Gross Power Rating (SAE J1995)
EPA Tier 4i
Fuel Tank Capacity
16 in Hg
Vacuum Tank Capacity
Tank Outlet Valve Size
Tank Inlet Valve Size
Tank Dump Angle, max
|Power – TIER 4|
|Power – TIER 4i|
Water Tank Capacity
Water Pump Flow
Water Pump Pressure, max
Electric Pump Clutch w/auto de-clutch
50/50 water/antifreeze mix
DC Power Unit
|Hydraulic System - TIER 4|
|Hydraulic System - TIER 4i|
SAE Reserve Capacity Rating
SAE Cold Crank @ 0°F
Additional Vacuum Excavators