FXT65 Truck Vacuum ExcavatorThe Ditch Witch FXT65 truck vacuum excavator is an exceptionally versatile machine with the power to perform a wide variety of tasks, especially larger jobs in difficult-to-access locations. With 1,027 cfm of suction power and a high-pressure water system with a 5.5 gpm, 3,000-psi water pump, the FXT65 has more than enough power and suction for soft excavation tasks such as potholing or large cleanup jobs. The FXT65 is available on a Class 6 or 7 single-axle of Class 8 tandem-axle truck.
- Equipped with a 74-hp Deutz® diesel engine, the FXT65 offers 1,027 cfm of suction power and a high-pressure water system with a 5.5-gpm, 3,000-psi water pump.
- Easily accessible controls and service points; curbside controls can be configured for left- or right-hand traffic, for greater safety and convenience.
- Mounts to single-axle truck of your choice, new or used, so you can control the level of initial investment and customize with toolboxes and support equipment; complies with all truck manufacturers’ requirements.
- Designed for minimal overall package height, resulting in a lower center of gravity and better handling during transport.
- Saddle-style tanks provide optimal weight distribution to keep payload over rear axle.
- Remote-fill water tank allows for easy filling and prevents siphoning back into the water supply.
- Integrated tool rack on door and underbody hose storage help simplify operation.
- Easy access to power pack for convenient servicing.
- Ladders provide easy access to truck bed, and can be stowed when not in use.
- Optional hydraulic boom extends to 14 ft; saves labor, time and reduces operator fatigue.
- Optional heater keeps water system from freezing in inclement weather and increases production in tight soils.
- Choice of 500-gallon spoils tank with 200-gallon water tank or 800-gallon spoils tank with 400-gallon water tank to meet the requirements of virtually any size cleanup job.
- At 82 dBA, the FXT60 is the quietest in its horsepower class; fully enclosed, insulated and lockable power pack protects major components from weather and vandalism while leading the industry in noise reduction.
- Reusable, 3-micron vacuum filter and a blower relief valve air filter provide the industry’s best filtration; optional cyclonic filter cleans the air before it reaches the filter, minimizing maintenance.
- Optional reverse-flow feature enables quick and easy offloading of spoils.
- Standard hydraulic door opens fully horizontal to maximize the efficiency of spoils removal; door also features hydraulic locks.
- Autoclutching feature disengages the water pump when water is not in use, allowing full system power for suction.
|Dimensions - Trailer Package|
|Dimensions - Skid Package|
Truck GVWR, min
Number of Cylinders
Manufacturer's Gross Power Rating (SAE J1995)
EPA Tier 4
Fuel Tank Capacity
16 in Hg
Vacuum Tank Capacity
Full Opening Door Diameter
Tank Outlet Valve Size
Tank Inlet Valve Size
Tank Dump Angle, max
|Power – TIER 4|
|Power – TIER 4i|
Water Tank Capacity
Water Pump Flow
Water Pump Pressure, max
Electric Pump Clutch w/auto de-clutch
50/50 water/antifreeze mix
|Hydraulic System - TIER 4|
|Hydraulic System - TIER 4i|
SAE Reserve Capacity Rating
SAE Cold Crank @ 0°F
Additional Vacuum Excavators