HX30 Vacuum ExcavatorThe powerful Ditch Witch HX30 vacuum excavator features a 24.8-hp Kubota® diesel engine for advanced performance and productivity on any mid-sized potholing, soft-excavation or cleanup tasks. Customer-driven features meet the needs of the operators who use the machine daily, with reduced operator fatigue and a low-profile design, which scales down unit height without compromising ground clearance. This industry-leading machine offers best-in-class filtration and features a patent-pending design for optimized air flow and increased efficiency.
- The HX30 has a compact footprint capable of meeting the needs of large-production jobs.
- Powered by a 24.8-hp Kubota diesel engine, the unit provides optimal suction power and water pressure for any mid-sized underground construction job or other non-hazardous cleanup tasks.
- The HX30 provides 66 percent more fuel capacity than its predecessor for improved productivity and fewer refueling stops during the workday.
- New, patent-pending make/break seal design optimizes air flow for increased efficiency, and simplified plumbing.
- A standard, cyclonic three-stage filtration system cleans the air before it reaches critical components. It is comprised of the debris tank, cyclonic filter and 0.5-micron washable vacuum filter – offering the industry’s best filtration for maximum protection of key components.
- Featuring outstanding suction and water pressure, the HX30 is equipped with an efficient 512-cfm blower, and a powerful water system with water-pressure capacity of 3,000 psi and 4.2-gpm flow.
- The HX30 is equipped with a 500-gal or 800-gal debris tank for any size cleanup job.
- The HX30 is available with two size options. 800-gallon configurations includes a heavy version equipped with a 400-gal freshwater tank and a 24K GVWR trailer. 500-gallon configurations include: A standard version equipped with a 200-gal water tank and a 12k GVWR or 14K GVWR trailer.
- All trailer configurations are NATM compliant and are offered with an optional toolbox.
- An optional jib boom is available on both HX30 model versions, and has exclusive dual articulation, providing the widest range of motion in the industry. A hose restraint helps control the unit’s hose from jumping while working.
- An optional power boom is available on the heavy version of the 800-gal HX30 model and features an advanced design that reduces manual labor for the operator. The hydraulically-powered boom offers 330-degree rotation and includes a self-locking gear, acting as a boom brake, to restrain motion of the boom and maintain its desired position.
- The machine can be configured to accommodate operator controls on either the left or right side to meet each contractor’s individual needs.
- The construction-grade HX30 features a durable, narrow design for easy navigation in urban or congested areas.
- Featuring a low-profile design, the machine’s full unit height is reduced. This eases maneuverability and allows the unit to fit in height-restrictive areas, without compromising ground clearance so operators can more easily avoid ground-level obstacles.
- An exclusive, hose-storage design allows operators to store the hose flat and straight inside the unit frameーa direct customer-driven enhancement. The vac door also features convenient storage for unit tools, including the vac tube and digging lance.
- Patent-pending, advanced door linkage automates lockout when fully opened, without requiring any additional effort from the operator.
- The HX30 now has hydraulic controls located at the rear of the units, enhancing operator visibility.
- An optional dual work light features two LED floodlights in the back of the vac unit for use in dark or night conditions.
- The HX models feature improved serviceability as all maintenance points are more accessible with a liftoff power pack door design.
- Standard on the HX30 is a cyclonic filtration system that minimizes filter cleaning frequency, while providing superior filtration, resulting in increased productivity.
- An optional spare tire with a carrier allows easy access to a spare when needed, reducing downtime.
|Dimensions - Trailer Package|
500 Gal Spoils /200 Gal Water
12,000 or 14,000 lb
800 Gal Spoils /200 Gal Water
800 Gal Spoils /400 Gal Water
|Dimensions - Skid Package|
Manufacturer's Gross Power Rating
EPA Tier 4
Vacuum Tank Capacity
Outlet valve size
|Power – TIER 4|
|Power – TIER 4i|
Water tank capacity
Water pump flow
Water pump pressure max.
Electric with auto de-clutch
50/50 antifreeze/fresh water
Hose reel (locking)
Tank lift cylinder size (2)
Tilt angle, max
|Hydraulic System - TIER 4|
|Hydraulic System - TIER 4i|
SAE reserve capacity rating
SAE cold crank rating @ 0⁰F (-18⁰ C)
Additional Vacuum Excavators