RT80 Heavy Duty Trencher
Versatile and productive, this mid-size machine packs a heavy-duty punch; perfect for larger trenching jobs and vibratory plowing. Powered by a turbocharged Deutz®, Tier 4 diesel engine with 74.5 gross hp, the RT80 not only gives you the performance you need but the reliability you demand. Plus, it offers best-in-class 32,215 lbs. of breakout for plowing applications. And like with all Ditch Witch® products, this trencher is engineered with toughest components on the market for longer product life.
- Turbocharged Deutz®, Tier 4 diesel engine with 74.5 gross hp utilizes only a simple after-treatment and offers low operational cost over machine life.
- Best-in-class 35,215 lb of breakout for plowing applications.
- Three-speed, shift-on-the-fly ground drive—three speeds in forward, three in reverse—provides the power you need, when you need it, to tackle any jobsite.
- Versatile and productive mid-size machine for heavy-duty trenching and vibratory plowing; backhoe and reel carrier attachments also available.
- Dial control design gives you precise control of the ground drive speed and attachments.
- Advanced cruise-control system senses engine load and automatically adjusts ground drive speed to changing soil conditions, for maximum production.
- Standard rear steering feature for a tight turn radius and improved maneuverability.
- Tremendous axle capacity for a best-in-class static load rating of 39,000 lb.
- Backfill blade arm has the same heavy-duty design as the Ditch Witch RT125, for added strength and durability.
- Removable side panels for easy access to all engine compartment maintenance points.
- New color LCD engine display provides all engine information and diagnostics.
Length, nose to rear mount
Length, tractor transport
Angle of approach
Rear axle to attachment mount holes
Vehicle clearance circle (SAE), wall-to-wall, w/ backfill blade
- Front steer only
- Front and rear steer
Basic unit weight
Allowable tractor weight, max, 2 post/4 post
19,100 lbs. / 20,370 lbs.
Front counterweight (optional)
Lift height, above ground
Blade drop, below ground
Maximum swing angle, left/right
Tilt angle, up/down
Number of cylinders
Manufacturer's gross power rating (SAE J1995)
EPA Tier 4
Ground drive transmission
Planetary front and rear w/ standard rear steering
Manual lever disc brake
355 x 55 - 625, 14 ply - 75 psi
Attachment drive transmission
Hydrostatic, electric rotary knob, speed infinitely variable from zero to maximum
Ground drive pump capacity
Ground drive pump relief pressure
6,000 psi (gauge)
Attachment pump capacity, (2500 rpm)
Attachment pump relief pressure, (2500 rpm)
Auxiliary pump capacity
Front pump (steering)
Rear pump (auxiliary)
Auxiliary pump relief pressure (2,500 rpm)
SAE reserve capacity rating
SAE cold crank @ 0°F
Specifications are general and subject to change without notice. If exact measurements are required, equipment should be weighed and measured. Due to selected options, delivered equipment may not necessarily match that shown.
Additional Heavy Duty Products