RT30 Compact Riding TrencherThe 24-hp Ditch Witch RT30 ride-on trencher combines the maneuverability, low cost, minimal maintenance, and small footprint of a walk-behind trencher with the comfortable operator station, performance and easy-to-use controls of a ride-on. It’s a dedicated trencher with a sturdy, durable frame and field-proven components that provide consistently solid performance job after job, year after year. Simply put, the RT30 is the best compact ride-on dedicated trencher for the money.
- Compact footprint, tight turning radius, four-wheel drive, and industry-leading maneuverability make the RT30 ideal for installations on tight, residential jobsites.
- Exceptionally robust trencher drive motor utilizes a larger shaft and bearings than those of smaller trenchers, for enhanced reliability.
- Advanced, maintenance-free pivot design is simplified and raised to keep above dirt and debris.
- The RT30 is equipped with a very comfortable seat and operator’s station, plus easy-to-use, color-coded controls requiring minimal training and effort—features in great demand by rental customers.
- Hydrostatic ground drive is controlled by simple pedals for forward and reverse, located on the right side of the operator’s station.
- 42-in boom provides 36-in cover depth, which meets most city codes.
- Four-way backfill blade makes short work of filling trenches, reducing operator fatigue.
- 24-hp Kubota diesel engine supplies plenty of power for trenching in a wide variety of ground conditions.
- Like all Ditch Witch equipment, the RT30 is designed and manufactured to reduce downtime; utilizes long-lasting, field-proven components to enhance reliability, which ultimately results in greater rental revenue.
- Ditch Witch chains, teeth and sprockets are specially designed and manufactured to work together to provide exceptional productivity; industry-leading DuraTooth™ digging system provides unbeatable reliability and performance, resulting in less downtime and wear part investment for rental yards.
- Support from the most dedicated dealer network in the underground construction industry; more than 165 Ditch Witch dealerships worldwide offer everything you need, from equipment sales and service to training and genuine Ditch Witch parts.
Length - transport
11 ft. 6 in
Width - transport
Angle of approach
Angle of departure
Trench depth, maximum
Trench width, minimum to maximum
Boom travel up/down
Maximum forward speed
Maximum reverse speed
Vehicle turning circle (SAE)
Maximum headshaft speed @2300 rpm engine
Number of cylinders
Estimated net power rating (SAE J1349)
EPA Tier 4
Ground drive pump capacity @ 3000 rpm
Attachment pump capacity @ 3000 rpm
Standard 18 X 9.50-8, 2-ply bar lug
Standard 26 X 12.00-12, 4-ply bar lug
Max. swing angle (left/right)
* Dimensions are based on H210 attachment and 36" boom.
** With trencher attachment, boom and chain
|Hydraulic System @ 2300 rpm|
|Hydraulic System @ 2600 rpm|
SAE cold crank rating @ 0#176;F
Operator 90 dBA sound pressure per ISO 6394
Additional Heavy Duty Products