C12 Walk-Behind TrencherThe Ditch Witch C12 Walk-Behind Trencher was designed with your rental business in mind. Only the C Series offers the balanced traction, better maneuverability and smoother operation of our patent-pending offset rear tire design and pivoting trail wheel. The reliable performance and simple operation will keep customers coming back. And the superior serviceability—a simple, open design for easy access and no daily grease points to worry about—will keep the C12 ready to rent to maximize your return on investment. The smart choice is easy to see: the C12 Walk-Behind Trencher.
- Reliable 12-hp Honda® engine keeps the C12 performing for rental income you can count on, year after year.
- Up to 24” digging depth for efficient installation of pipe and cable.
- Newly designed hydraulic system eliminates vertical shafts and belts, resulting in a simple, reliable unit with no linkages to adjust.
- Utilizes the Ditch Witch 35K digging system or the new OptiCut™ system—both specifically designed to work with Ditch Witch trenchers to optimize production.
- Exclusive, patent-pending offset rear tire design delivers balanced traction and optimal weight distribution for increased production over competitive rubber-tire units.
- Patent-pending pivoting trail wheel allows easier turning, better maneuverability, and smother operation on rough terrain or pavement.
- Flat-free tires require no maintenance and deliver increased uptime for rental customers.
- New, robust, straightforward pivot design is maintenance-free and increases unit uptime.
- Greaseless sealed bearing design with construction-grade seals help increase machine longevity.
- No daily grease points—a Ditch Witch exclusive—means less hassle and prep to keep your trenchers rental-ready.
- Standard outboard bearing support stabilizes the headshaft and auger, for reliable productivity trench after trench.
- Hydrostatic, skid-steer style steering provides easier operation.
- Redesigned easy-touch controls are smoother and lighter for less operator fatigue and increased machine responsiveness.
- Increased visibility of the workstation improves operator productivity.
- The RotoWitch® boring attachment results in fewer disturbances, less labor and less restoration than tearing up driveways and sidewalks to complete an installation.
- Our easy-to-operate backfill blade is much faster and less expensive than shovels, increasing productivity and rental revenue.
- Ditch Witch also offers the S2B Trailer, a single-axle design with a full-width steel deck, with ramps for easy loading and unloading of equipment of up to 5,700 lb.
Trench depth, maximum
Trench width, maximum
CL to Right
CL to Left
Length (Up to)
Height - transport (Up to)
Travel speed forward
Travel speed reverse
Digging Chain Speed (Std)
Auger, Single, Open end
Trench Cleaner Size
Number of cylinders
Manufacturer's net horsepower rating
Fuel consumption @ 3600 rpm
Hydrostatic, speed infinitely variable from zero to maximum, speed and direction control
Digging chain drive
Hydraulic direct drive, dual lever-operated, one speed forward and reverse
Direct to engine
16 x 6.5-8
Digging drive pump capacity
10 Micron absolute
Additional Walk-Behind Trenchers