C12X Walk-Behind TrencherMaximize your performance and return on investment with the Ditch Witch C12X walk-behind trencher. With its 12-hp Honda® engine and 24-in trenching depth capability, the C12X delivers more power and efficiency in a compact design for tighter jobsites. Patented CX tracks offer greater maneuverability and traction, while its simple, open access points and no daily grease zerksーa Ditch Witch exclusiveーprovide no-hassle maintenance to keep you rental-ready.
- Equipped with a 12-hp Honda engine for maximum power in a compact unit.
- Up to 24” digging depth for efficient installation of pipe and cable.
- A newly designed hydraulic system eliminates vertical shafts and belts, resulting in a simple, reliable unit with no linkages to adjust.
- All CX Series walk-behind trenchers utilize the reliable, low-maintenance 35K digging systems specifically designed for Ditch Witch trenchers to optimize production.
- Exclusive, patent-pending CX Track design puts more track on the ground for better traction while increasing stability for better production.
- The shorter left track on the CX Track design allows for a more compact piece of equipment than competitive designs, offering more maneuverability in tighter spaces.
- New, robust, straightforward pivot design is maintenance-free and increases unit uptime.
- Greaseless sealed bearing design with construction-grade seals help increase machine longevity.
- No daily grease points—a Ditch Witch exclusive—means less hassle and prep to keep your trenchers rental-ready.
- Standard outboard bearing support stabilizes the headshaft and auger, for reliable productivity trench after trench.
- Hydrostatic, skid-steer style steering provides easier operation.
- Redesigned easy-touch controls are smoother and lighter for less operator fatigue and increased machine responsiveness.
- Increased visibility of the workstation improves operator productivity.
- The RotoWitch® boring attachment results in fewer disturbances, less labor and less restoration than tearing up driveways and sidewalks to complete an installation.
- Our easy-to-operate backfill blade is much faster and less expensive than shovels, increasing productivity and rental revenue.
- Ditch Witch also offers the S2B Trailer, a single-axle design with a full-width steel deck, with ramps for easy loading and unloading of equipment of up to 5,700 lb.
Trench depth, maximum
Trench width, maximum
CL to Right
CL to Left
Length (Up to)
Height - transport (Up to)
Travel speed forward
Travel speed reverse
Digging Chain Speed (Std)
Auger, Single, Open end
Trench Cleaner Type
Trench Cleaner Size
Honda iGX 390
Number of cylinders
Manufacturer's net horsepower rating
Fuel consumption @ 3600 rpm
Hydrostatic, speed infinitely variable from zero to maximum, speed and direction control
Digging chain drive
Hydraulic direct drive, dual lever-operated, one speed forward and reverse
Direct to engine
Dual pump total capacity
Additional Walk-Behind Trenchers