C24X Walk-Behind TrencherMaximize performance and your return on investment with the Ditch Witch C24X Walk-Behind Trencher. Our exclusive CX Track design delivers better traction and maneuverability in a more compact design for tighter jobsites. Responsive, easy-to-use touch controls provide smoother operation. And superior serviceability—a simple, open design for easy access and no daily grease points to worry about—means less maintenance time to keep your C24X rental-ready. Get proven Ditch Witch reliability in the latest, patent-pending track design: only with the C24X.
- Reliable 24-hp Honda® engine keeps the C24X performing for rental income you can count on, year after year.
- Up to 36” digging depth for efficient installation of pipe and cable.
- Newly designed hydraulic system eliminates vertical shafts and belts, resulting in a simple, reliable unit with no linkages to adjust.
- Utilizes the Ditch Witch 35K digging system or the new OptiCut™ system—both specifically designed to work with Ditch Witch trenchers to optimize production.
- Exclusive, patent-pending CX Track design puts more track on the ground for better traction while increasing stability for better production.
- The shorter left track on the CX Track design allows for a more compact piece of equipment than competitive designs, offering more maneuverability in tighter spaces.
- New, robust, straightforward pivot design is maintenance-free and increases unit uptime.
- Greaseless sealed bearing design with construction-grade seals help increase machine longevity.
- No daily grease points—a Ditch Witch exclusive—means less hassle and prep to keep your trenchers rental-ready.
- Standard outboard bearing support stabilizes the headshaft and auger, for reliable productivity trench after trench.
- Hydrostatic, skid-steer style steering provides easier operation.
- Redesigned easy-touch controls are smoother and lighter for less operator fatigue and increased machine responsiveness.
- Increased visibility of the workstation improves operator productivity.
- The RotoWitch® boring attachment results in fewer disturbances, less labor and less restoration than tearing up driveways and sidewalks to complete an installation.
- Our easy-to-operate backfill blade is much faster and less expensive than shovels, increasing productivity and rental revenue.
- Ditch Witch also offers the S2B Trailer, a single-axle design with a full-width steel deck, with ramps for easy loading and unloading of equipment of up to 5,700 lb.
Trench depth, maximum
Trench width, maximum
CL to Right
CL to Left
Length (Up to)
Height - transport (Up to)
Travel speed forward
Travel speed reverse
Digging Chain Speed (Std)
Auger, Single, Open end
Trench Cleaner Type
Trench Cleaner Size
Number of cylinders
Manufacturer's net horsepower rating
Fuel consumption @ 3600 rpm
Hydrostatic, speed infinitely variable from zero to maximum, speed and direction control
Digging chain drive
Hydraulic direct drive, dual lever-operated, one speed forward and reverse
Direct to engine
Digging drive pump capacity
10 Micron absolute
Additional Walk-Behind Trenchers