JT10 Directional DrillThe new Ditch Witch JT10 horizontal directional drill (HDD) boasts unbeatable power in a compact, yet sturdy frame for easy transportation and improved maneuverability on tight jobsites. Powered by a Tier 4, 66-hp Deutz® diesel engine, the machine is the most powerful drill in its class. It offers 10,000 lbs of pullback force, providing the advanced strength and power of bigger drills, combined with the simplicity and easy operation of a compact machine. An innovative design incorporates advanced features of larger drill machines, including a heavy-duty anchor system, open-top vise wrenches and integrated remote display. A redesigned operator’s station smooths operation with a single joystick and is equipped with an ergonomic traversing seat for increased jobsite visibility and comfortability on the job.
- Powered by a Tier 4, 66-hp Deutz® diesel engine, the JT10 is the most powerful drill in its class.
- For maximum strength and durability, the JT10 provides 1,100 ft·lb of rotational torque.
- The engine is air-cooled and quiet for simplified maintenance and longer operation.
- The JT10 comes standard with a 16-gpm mud pump or an optional 20-gpm mud pump, for better mud flow and performance, allowing operators to jet and complete larger-diameter reams on smaller jobsites.
- An onboard fluid tank holds 40 gal of fresh water, providing additional fluid for short bores and easy cleanup. It also allows operators to effectively drill in tight spaces where an additional fluid mixer wouldn’t fit.
- The JT10 holds 324 ft of drill pipe onboard to improve productivity and allow operators to finish virtually any utility installation job.
- The JT10 has the quickest cycle times in its drill class. The machine’s slow zone is shortened increasing cycle times and allowing operators to put more pipe in the ground faster.
- The JT10 is equipped with a heavy-duty anchor system and integrated remote tracking display—features usually only seen on larger drill units.
- The JT10 is the shortest drill in its class, giving it the ability to effortlessly maneuver in tight jobsites.
- Small, compact machine is easy to transport form jobsite to jobsite with a rear ignition for faster jobsite setup.
- A field-proven rack-and-pinion thrust drive with a welded-on double rack reduces operator maintenance, increases reliability and improves sturdiness.
- The machine’s open-top vise wrenches are angled toward the operator for an excellent view of the tool joint and require no daily maintenance.
- With no grease zerks and easy access to all service points, maintenance is simplified on the JT10, helping to keep the machine out of the shop and on the job.
- The drill pipe lubrication system is a standard feature allowing operators to drill for longer periods of time and improve uptime.
- A newly designed operator’s station is equipped with an ergonomic traversing seat, positioning the operator near the center of the pipe rack for easy-to-reach pipe handling.
Overall machine length
Overall machine width
Overall machine height
Overall machine weight
7,120 lb - empty water tank, 50 drill pipe.
10° to 14°
Angle of approach
Angle of departure
Spindle speed, max.
Spindle torque, max.
Carriage thrust travel speed
Carriage pullback travel speed
Ground travel speed, maximum
|Power – TIER 4|
Manufacturer's gross power rating @ 2200 rpm
|Power – TIER 4i|
|Power - Tier 3/4i|
|Drilling Fluid System (On-Board)|
|Drilling Fluid System|
Drilling fluid pressure, max.
Drilling fluid flow, max.
|UFE Drill Pipe|
Length of drill pipe
Diameter of drill pipe, tool joint end
Diameter of drill pipe
Minimum bend radius
Weight of drill pipe, lined
|Single Piece Forged Drill Pipe|
|Power Pipe® HD|
|Power Pipe Forged|
|Power Pipe Forged (900#)|
|Power Pipe® HD (900#)|
|Power Pipe Forged (For Dirt Drilling)|
|All Terrain Pipe|
SAE reserve capacity rating
SAE cold crank @ 0° F (-18° C)
|Battery – TIER 4|
|Battery (2 used)|
|Battery – TIER 4i|
Additional Directional Drills